How to Choose Curtains and Drapes for Living Room
It is surprising to see how a simple color, pattern or design can change the entire look of the room. If you think that having a thoughtful selection of showpieces, wall art, sofa set, cushion covers are the only important elements of a living area, then you are certainly wrong! The luxurious and the chic curtains and drapes that play into the picture are a whole level different and hence, a very important aspect of designing your room.
The right choice of curtains for drawing room will not just make more space, but also they provide privacy, warmth and have the ability to change the color tone of the room. In short, it would not be wrong to say that they finish off a room in style!
However, choosing the best curtains for living room is the only task at hand that you will have regarding this. Starting from the right choice of fabric till the way you want your drapes, you need to figure that out according to your room design and structure.
Options of Fabric for Modern Curtains for Living Room:
There are multiple fabrics for curtains. However, the difference lies in the way it suits the room surroundings.
Heavier fabric drapes insulate a room better and keeps it warm while allowing minimum light to pass through it whereas light fabrics work best, in case you want to keep your room bright.
- Silk – They are classic and traditional. They add a sense of formality and are generally in pleated and puddle form. They allow some light to pass through them. In case you want complete privacy, have them lined up.
- Cotton – One of the easiest fabric to clean and a versatile one, which fits in all surroundings. They come in every colour and style and hence, they can be casual or formal.
- Linen – It is a light fabric and sheer in nature. If you want little privacy, then this is the best option for you! It is best suited for casual rooms with not many décor items.
- Velvet – It is one of the luxury curtains for living room and is rarely used in casual backgrounds, since they are luxurious in nature.
- Sheers – If you are looking for some fancy curtains for living room, then sheers are the best. They allow some light to come in, but if you want privacy, this may not be the perfect option for you.
Choosing the Correct Curtain Size:
Whether it is that you want long curtains for living room or short ones, it will depend on the size of your room. The width of the curtains should be double the size of the windows and it is important to keep them long (of course, you can use short curtains as well!).
If you want a dramatic and elegant look of your rooms, the curtains should be a puddle on the floor whereas if you want a contemporary look, it will just touch the floor.
Where to Get the Drapes for Living Room?
No matter which color curtains you want, whether it is white curtains for living room or blue ones, various colors and patterns are available in each type of fabric now. For getting the best choice, you can always visit whispering homes and get the most suitable ones for your room!
Dressing up your living room is as important as your bedroom, so get ready for it!